Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I had a great opportunity today to talk about Dyslexia

DyslexicBrian.com is a web site that supports dyslexic people in overcoming their dylexia. Antonio Farruggia creates the learning and support programmes there based on his 25 years of experience. He has a place on the site called "inspirational stories" and asked me to write a brief story about my own dyslexia. I sent him a poem about "reading" and he liked it so much he asked for the story.

Now you can read it: http://dyslexicbrian.com/category/inspirational-stories/

Dyslexia has helped me understand that there are powerful differences in the ways human minds are wired and I respect others wiring even as I respect my own. There are many ways a mind can be wired – dyslexia is just one – and they are all very fascinating. I embrace this wiring. I know the pitfalls and the glories of it and that there is so much to learn from a person with a 3-D mind.


I hope you enjoy the story. Thanks for all your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to comment.